How do customers use Calimetrix phantoms?
Calimetrix phantoms are optimized for quantitative MRI applications that enable:
- Publication of quantitative results with confidence
- Harmonization of data across protocols, scanners, and sites
- Development and validation of new quantitative imaging methods
Nominal Values and MRI Verification
What are the nominal values of the vials inside your phantoms?
Fat-fraction (0, 2.5, 5.0, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, and 100% PDFF)
R2* (15, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000 s-1 at 1.5T)
T1 (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200 ms at 1.5T)
If I order 5 phantoms, will the vials in all 5 phantoms have exactly the same values?
There is some minor variability in precise values. However, each phantom undergoes verification in the MRI scanner and the actual measured values are provided with the phantom.
Can I get the R2* and T1 phantoms verified at both 1.5T and 3T?
Yes, we can verify the phantoms at both 1.5T and 3T for an additional fee.
Does the proton density fat fraction (PDFF) depend on field strength?
No, PDFF does not depend on field strength.
Do you provide recommended protocols with your phantoms?
Upon request, we can provide protocol recommendations.
Do Calimetrix phantoms come with a warranty?
Calimetrix offers a 3 year limited warranty (details can be found at https://www.calimetrix.com/terms/).
Phantom Housing Design
What phantom housing designs do you offer?
We offer a cylindrical phantom design, as well as a spherical phantom design.
How do I choose the best phantom housing design for my application?
- The cylindrical phantoms perform well for gradient echo and spin echo-based MRI applications.
- The spherical phantoms are optimized to provide highly homogeneous magnetic fields, well suited for balanced steady-state free precession (bSSFP) and echo planar imaging (EPI) applications.
Phantom Size and Construction
Is your phantom case MRI compatible?
Yes, our phantom case is MRI safe and can be stored inside the MRI scan room.
What coils do your phantoms fit in?
Our phantoms are designed to fit within most commercially available head coils as well as a variety of other coils.
Why are the vials placed asymmetrically inside the phantom housing?
Our vial layouts utilize asymmetric positioning to eliminate any left-right and superior-inferior vial identification ambiguities.
What are the dimensions of your phantoms?
- The cylindrical housing is 7.0” in diameter and 3.5” deep.
- The spherical housing is 7.5” in diameter.
What is the material for the housing?
The housing is made of acrylic.
How large are the vials inside your phantom?
- In the cylindrical phantom, each vial has ~22.5ml volume and is 27mm in diameter.
- In the spherical phantom, each vial has ~20ml volume and is 27mm in diameter.
What is the material for the vials inside your phantom?
- In the cylindrical phantom. the vials are made of glass.
- In the spherical phantom. the vials are made of hard plastic (HDPE).
Are the contents of your vials liquid?
We build gel-based vials to avoid motion-related artifacts and to avoid susceptibility artifacts caused by bubbles.
Phantom Delivery & Shipping
How long after I order would I receive my phantom(s)?
We can typically deliver phantoms within 4-6 weeks after receipt of order. If phantom(s) are needed sooner, expedited delivery may be possible.
Paying for your Phantom
How much do your phantoms cost?
Please contact us via our website and we will be happy to provide a detailed quote. (https://www.calimetrix.com/contact/).
How can I pay for my phantom(s)?
Payment is due at the time of order. We accept credit cards or checks.
Do you build custom phantoms?
Yes! Please feel free to contact us regarding your custom phantom needs.